Because of the rapidly changing environment, our partner has set its aim to become the most data & technology-driven airline in the world. Changing our way of working, modernizing our technology stack and architecture and the right positioning of people is key to achieving this ambition. We have organized our product teams around business processes, where together business and IT are end-to-end responsible for the digital products and services that support our operation.
We are looking for a software engineer with a specialization on DevOps, who collaboratively organize all necessary on the automation and configuration management of environments tasks to help maximize the flow of value. As a software engineer, you will work shoulder to shoulder with other software engineers, like backend specialists, data scientists, domain experts, and frontline staff to shape the future of the aviation industry.
What will your work look like?
As a DevOps specialist, you will apply your skills to change the way our partner works, driving innovation and transforming us into a truly data-driven organization. They value both technical expertise (analysis, design & architecture, engineering, quality assurance and DevOps of course) as well as the interpersonal parts of the job (coaching, consulting, coordination, and support).
As a software engineer DevOps your key result area are:
- Make use of right technology and govern architecture for the environments in line with the organizational objectives, ensuring that the right technologies are chosen to strike an optimal balance between achieving business goals, supporting the realization of functional and technical requirements, environments and continuity costs.
- Build, migrate, implement and maintain environments and key technologies for COTS/SAAS apps by using the IaC principles, showing leadership towards OPS- & Security teams, and collaborate with the development team on the continual process improvement.
- Build, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines and its processes to support development teams with automated testing and security scanning while keeping an eye on FinOps.
- Support the migration of our critical-, but also legacy landscape from on-premises to the Azure and Google Cloud environment in line with our strategical objectives. Experience with migrating COTS to SAAS is a pre.
- Design and implement the overall architecture aligned with other self-engineered products to deliver.
- Translate development team needs into compelling solutions and deliver them to end users so that business value is created.
- Take care of specification, design, engineering, testing, delivery, maintenance, monitoring, and support of the IaC landscape
- Foster a culture where state-of-the-art approaches, tooling and technologies are applied as fits with the mission of the department, the KPI’s and desired business impact.
- Preferably bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant fields
- Experience in a developer (preferably Java) related role.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with engineering CI/CD pipelines on-premise and/or Azure/GCP environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in performing and automate COTS/SAAS environments by using the IaC (Terraform) and monitor everything principles, while industrializing environments
- Knowledge of CI/CD techniques and tooling (e.g., k8s, GitHub Actions, Bamboo, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Proficient with automation tooling, configuration management and problem finding.
- Experience with bringing enterprise applications to production and supporting development teams
- Experience in coaching and knowledge sharing to familiarize teams with DevOps best practices.
- Knowledge with and experience in agile way of working (e.g., SAFe, Scrum, Agile)
- Great communication skills, written and spoken (English) and team spirit
- This role requires participation in our on-call support rotation.
In addition, the following requirements are considered nice to have:
- Preferable being a certified Cloud DevOps Engineer for Azure / GCP / AWS
We offer a dynamic and challenging position in the heart of the Operation department. The role provides opportunities to apply leading edge craftsmanship and enable impact across our organization. You will be working with talented, driven people within and outside your field, on cutting-edge technology and with top-level equipment. You will be part of the broader community that organizes lectures, information sessions, hackathons and more.
We offer a clear career path with ample opportunity for growth. Your manager will also have a software engineering background and will therefore be able to truly help you develop both your primary and secondary skills. In your further development you can choose to either grow into a Principal Engineer, or transition to an Engineering Leader (a partially managerial role).
Additionally, we offer:
- A competitive salary depending on your level and experience
- 10% of your time set aside for personal learning and development
- An excellent pension scheme, profit sharing, and yearly bonus
- Substantial discounts on flight tickets (after 6 months of employment)
- A travel allowance
- Discount on health insurance
- A learning budget