Database Administrator – SF. Cloud Operations
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Want to work in the Cloud? Do you love a challenge? Do you like breaking down problems and finding solutions? Do you like engaging with as much technology (hardware, software, operating, network, code) as you can?
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Installation, Configurations, and maintenance of database software
- Database upgrades, patching, migrations
- Implement database backup and recovery solutions.
- Analyze resources usage (Infra and Database), analyze growth patterns, Perform Capacity planning for the Database Infrastructure.
- Collect and analyze database performance information.
- Experience in database programming concepts for structured query language (SQL).
- Creating database tables, setting up indexes, data constraints and DB views Analyze, predict through trend analysis, and resolve database system, storage and application issues.
- Monitor SQL jobs in production and be responsible for load/unload.
- Evaluate and implement database technologies and utilities.
- Review and implement database changes.
- Provide timely response to system alerts and participate in the on-call schedule (if applicable)
- Participate in 24×7 rotation shift supporting production and non-production databases.
- Drive Operational efficiency topics.
- Work closely with Internal/External Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers & developers, across locations and ensure timely delivery.
- Excellent written and communication skills, Strong customer focus, highly motivated & Flexible
- Participate and contribute towards organization’s goals and objectives, collaborating with multiple teams and solutions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Some of the followings:
- 2-4 years of overall database administration and support/operations experience, with a successful delivery track record.
- Proficient knowledge and administration experience in either of the DB flavors like SAP MAXDB, HANA, MySQL or MSSQL.
- Should have knowledge in setting up DR and HA approaches.
- Should have strong Knowledge in Backup & Recovery.
- Should have played a L2 role in current position.
- Experience of working in large landscape/environment where multiple database flavors are running.
- Knowledge on Database capacity planning/strategy is an added advantage.
- Knowledge & Experience on other database as HANA flavors are added advantage.
- Hands on experience with expert knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors w.r.t Database.
- Good understanding of operational framework like ITIL/ITSM.
- Should be capable of Owning, Leading and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills are a must.