We are looking for an Application Solution Architect with MES experience for our global partner based in Singapore. The company's main profile is design, testing and manufacturing of specialist filter solutions, tear tapes and related scientific services in the tobacco industry.
You will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, System Architect, the company's applications teams, and 3rd parties taking ownership of the discovery, design, development, testing and continuous improvement cycles of bespoke software and related development activities the existing applications landscape as well as transformational initiatives on the IT roadmap.
- Formulate and progress overall design, technology selection and design concepts for software projects
- Recommend technologies that offer opportunities, identify, and address current and future architectural challenges within the portfolio of projects and strategic undertakings as per the IT roadmap.
- Involve people in decision making to engender enthusiasm, ownership, and personal commitment.
- Help shape, create, develop, support, and evolve the architecture that underpins enterprise-grade software and integration solutions.
- Create specification documents of the architecture, including environments, endpoints, interfaces, and integrations; and clearly articulate the architectural vision to in-house and 3rd party engineering resources to implement business value.
- Assist engineers with technical solutions to design requirements.
- Champion and implement agile principles by enforcing DevOps and CI/CD principles to de-risk delivery, maintain code consistency, and reduce technical waste.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS or relevant Certification Software Development
- 8+ years of experience in software architecture and/or software development in production environment
- Experience in developing and/or implementing hi-performing enterprise-grade client-server applications and integrations using toolkits, APIs, components and frameworks native to the Windows Server and MS Azure serverless cloud (IaaS / PaaS) landscape.
- Proven experience in delivering solutions using modern agile methodologies, data and deployment pipelines, serverless orchestration and CI/CD.
- Experience operating with an engineering, agile and DevOps mindset.
- Capacity to train and guide other team members and business teams on software design, deployment and testing best practices.
As a part of the company you can gain insight into the hypermodern Singaporean tech.